Thursday, October 28, 2010

GitTogether10

This week I went to California this week and and attended GitTogether10 that was hosted at Google. It was a small conference all about Git. From hearing how companies are using it to discussing how to make Git better the discussions were varied. I got to meet a bunch of very cool developers and hear some very neat work that is going on such as bup a backup tool using git that can continuously backup huge files such as vm images without taking up huge quantities of space. There was a lot of Gerrit users there so we ended up taking our group photo in front of the Android statues:



As a thank you present Google gave out Nexus One phones and a little Android mini collectable.

Revell Big Boy Locomotive Model Kit

When I was a child I received a model train kit as a present, but as I was just a kid I never painted it or actually put it fully together. ...